Dr. Cornel West
Dr. Cornel West is a former Professor of the Practice of Public Philosophy at Harvard University and a Professor Emeritus at Princeton University. West is also a member of the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) and has used the organization’s platform to endorse Bernie Sanders for president.
West is known for his vocal opposition to Donald Trump, describing him at a rally for Bernie Sanders as a “neo-fascist gangster.”
West is also notable for his mistrust of the official narrative of 9/11. As reported by Campus Reform, he relayed his suspicion when asked if 9/11 was an inside job during the Million Muslim March in Washington D.C. “At this point, I’m still uncertain. I think there might be a possibility but my hunch is that with Bin Laden’s definitive investment, he must have had something to do with it,” explained West.
Among West’s other peculiar beliefs, he is an avowed socialist that has served as an honorary chair for the DSA. In an interview with Laura Flanders, he praised Karl Marx for having an “indispensable” analysis of America, declaring that American capitalism forces people to live in “wage slavery.” When challenged by Tucker Carlson for his support of Socialism, most notably for its repeated and abysmal failures, West deflected and accused the US of interfering in preventing the implementation of authentic socialism in places like Venezuela.
Perhaps the most disturbing example of Dr. West’s radical beliefs is his sustained relationship and defense of notorious Nation of Islam (NOI) leader, Louis Farrakhan.
Farrakhan is noted for his virulent and antisemitic remarks praise of Adolf Hitler made during NOI sermons:
- “The Jews don’t like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that’s a good name. Hitler was a VERY great man.”
- “…there were many Israeli’s and Zionist Jews in key roles in the 9/11 attacks.”
- “Satanic Jews have infected the whole world with poison and deceit.”
- “The Jews have been so bad at politics they lost half their population in the Holocaust.”
- “The Jews have control over those agencies of government. When you want something in the world, a Jew holds the door.”
- I’m not an anti-Semite. I’m an anti-Termite.
Despite a bevy of disgusting remarks, Dr. West continues to collaborate with and defend Farrakhan. He most recently appeared with him at an event in Chicago, hosted by PBS, to discuss issues in the black community. Numerous other academics and community leaders were present. His association with Farrakhan goes back decades, as is exhibited in a lecture given at Harvard University where he flouted his agreement with him that white supremacy is ingrained in America. In another lecture, Dr. West openly admitted that he works with Farrakhan.
When pressed by Roland Marted about his relationship with Farrakhan, West refused to disavow him. West responded that “people need to stop lying about my brother,” and denied that Farrakhan had ever made anti-Semitic remarks. West went on to praise Farrakhan for his “consistency” on white supremacy.
Dr. West has also openly embraced ANTIFA. Appearing on Democracy Now!, Dr. West claimed that ANTIFA “saved his life” when protesting in Charlottesville and lambasted the Trump administration’s decision to label ANTIFA a terrorist organization:
“…ANTIFA saved my life in Charlottesville. There’s no doubt about it, that they provided the security, you see. So the very notion that they become candidates for a terrorist organization, but the people who were trying to kill us — the Nazis, the Klan — they’re not candidates for terrorist organization status — but that’s what you’re going to get. You’re going to get a Trump-led neofascist backlash and clampdown on what is going on. We ought to be very clear about that. The neofascism has that kind of obsession with militaristic imposition in the face of any kind of disorder. And so we’ve got to be fortified for that.”
Cornel West is a vocal critic of Israel. In 2014 – though aware that terrorist group Hamas was launching thousands of rockets into Israeli civilian areas – he nonetheless accused Israel of state-sponsored terrorism and urged “resistance” on behalf of the Palestinians.
- Harvard Profile: Dr. Cornel West
- Democratic Socialists of America: Cornel West Endorses Bernie Sanders
- Campus Reform: Harvard prof calls Trump a 'neo-fascist gangster'
- Campus Reform: Cornel West 'uncertain' of official 9/11 narrative, tells Fox News to 'quit lying'
- WATCH: Cornel West and Richard Wolff talk about Capitalism and White Supremacy
- WATCH: Tucker takes on Cornel West over Democratic socialism
- WATCH: Cornel West - Farrakhan right
- WATCH: West agrees with Farrakhan
- WATCH: Dr. Cornel West On George Floyd, 3rd Reconstruction, American Decline, Reparations, Farrakhan, Obama
- Democracy Now!: "America's Moment of Reckoning": Cornel West Says Nationwide Uprising Is Sign of "Empire Imploding"
- WATCH: Cornel West: "We won't stand for annihilation" in Palestine